It is human personnel that carry the most contamination. It is claimed that the outer layer of human skin can host up to one million microorganisms per square cm and human saliva up to one billion per square mL.
Useful tips for minimizing this contamination:
• Segregate the work area from other manufacturing operations;
• Provide a filtered air supply;
• Include protective clothing for workers;
• Receive periodic re-indoctrinations; and
• Use garments made from fibers that produce little or no particle emission in and of themselves.
This Cleanroom Tip was contributed by Michael Rodd, Chief Sales Officer at M+W Products. http://www.products.mwgroup.net/