This is a snapshot listing the system requirements and a few of the highlighted features for the EmergenSee – Personal Safety App mentioned in “Smart Personal Safety and Security.” It also complements “The Gift of Fear,” which discusses how to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
From EmergenSee in Malvern, PA, this app is also available for both Android and iOS devices, and includes both free and licensed versions. The current version from Google Play, 4.1.1, will operate with Android 3.0 or higher. The current version from iTunes, 4.1.1, is compatible with iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
All versions, including the free Independent Personal Safety version, incorporate the following features:
- All EmergenSee plans allows you to add up to 3 trusted personal safety contacts.
- EmergenSee supports a stealth mode which blanks the devices screen, but continues to transmit audio and video information.
- In-app support for 911. If used within a professional security partner’s geo-fenced area, the security partner’s command center will also be notified of the call.
- Note that by default, 911 response centers are not equipped to receive your live video feed or GPS data, though community 911 centers interested in incorporating such data are encouraged to contact EmergenSee.
- All incidents and associated video and audio recordings are watermarked with a date/time stamp, allowing them to be used as evidence in any follow-up proceedings.
- Allows users who witness a potential crime, to anonymously send GPS tagged information to professional security partners.
Additional licensing options and features include the following:
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring Service $8.99/month
- Direct connection to professional security operators.
- Live video escorts.
- Designed to target realtors, nurses, and other professionals who must frequently travel and work alone. Also useful for seniors, particularly living alone, or for students wishing a higher level of monitoring.
- Professional Security Partners Starting at $4,995/year
- Provides a fully scalable, enterprise grade incident management system for organizations. Targets include universities, business, municipalities, malls, and similar public venues. App component is freely distributed to all students, faculty, employees, and visitors.
- Allows mass broadcast notifications from the command center to all registered users.
- Organizations and Associations Group Rates
- Targeting organizations and associations ranging from realtors, nurse associations and teacher organizations to sororities, student councils, scout troops, and all other groups, associations, and organizations.
- Adds the protection of 24/7 professional monitoring at reduced group rates.
Note that this app offers in-app purchases, but it does not clarify what that means. It may just provide the opportunity to upgrade from the free to the 24/7 Professional Monitoring option.