Used to flying below the radar at work? Think not being noticed will keep your job safe? Not anymore. The best strategy now is to figure out how you can raise your visibility at work —in positive ways.
- Ask for additional and challenging assignments and tasks.
- Find and share ways to make tedious or repetitive work more interesting.
- Continuously improve your job and let your manager share in the success of your improvements.
- Offer to help coworkers who are bogged down or unable to finish a task.
- Celebrate success with your coworkers and invite your boss to attend. (The celebration doesn’t have to be an expensive lunch out – order subs or do a department potluck lunch.)
- Keep your manager informed of your progress and ask for help if you need it. That’s much better than failing in an assignment or missing a deadline.
- Maintain an infectiously positive spirit and outlook.
From: Susan Heathfield, about.com