ISC High Performance 2015, Frankfurt, Germany — Mellanox Technologies, a supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, announced that InfiniBand continues to take market share from Ethernet and proprietary interconnects, and is now connecting the majority of the TOP500 supercomputing list, with 51.4 percent of supercomputers. InfiniBand connected systems grew 15.8 percent year-over-year from June 2014 to July 2015, demonstrating the growing demand for Mellanox InfiniBand solutions that best enable users to maximize their data center return-on-investment. Mellanox EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand made its debut on the list with three new systems from the US, Europe and China, showing the world-wide growing demand for faster data throughput and higher performance.
“InfiniBand continues to increase its market share in high-performance computing and beyond, and our performance-leading InfiniBand solutions now accelerate more than 50 percent of the TOP500 supercomputers list. We are excited to see EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand enter the list for the first time, showing the need to handle the growing amounts of data and be able to analyze them faster and in real-time,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “Mellanox is the only company to offer proven, robust and leading performance with full end-to-end 100Gb/s InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions. We expect to continue our leadership in high-performance computing, and deliver the solutions to enable current and future systems.”
Due to its performance leadership, Mellanox InfiniBand is the most used interconnect solutions for Petascale computing, connecting 50 percent of the world Petascale-performance systems on the list. Mellanox ConnectX-4 EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand adapters and Switch-IB based switch systems optimize server and storage performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers.
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the July 2015 TOP500 list include:
- InfiniBand accelerates majority of the TOP500 supercomputers with 257 systems, 51.4 percent of the list.
- EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand solutions connected 3 systems on the TOP500, marking its debut on the list.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect for Petascale-performance systems with 33 systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand solutions provide the highest system utilization on the TOP500, achieving 99.8 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP100 with 50 percent, in the TOP200 with 55 percent, in the TOP300 with 55 percent and in the TOP400 systems with 55 percent.
- InfiniBand connects 2X the number of Cray based systems in the TOP100, 5.3X in TOP500.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 87 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing, cloud computing, Web 2.0, and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about ConnectX-4
- Learn more about Switch-IB
- Learn more about LinkX cables and modules
- Learn more about HPC-X
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high-performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.