This Sunday, Frankfurt, Germany, will become a hot spot in the HPC community, as 2,600 high performance computing enthusiasts from 53 countries and 153 exhibitors make their way to the city to kick off the ISC High Performance conference and exhibition. The international conference will take place from July 12 to 16, 2015, and ISC reports that current registration points toward a record number of attendees. In particular, international attendance is surging, with China more than doubling its representation, and other countries, such as France, the US, Japan and the UK, showing double-digit increases.
“At this time, we have 15 percent more registrations than last year. If this trend continues, we will be seeing more than 2,600 people at the show. Besides the main conference, the ISC Tutorial and Workshops are also attracting good attendance,” said Martin Meuer, the ISC General Co-Chair.
• CONFERENCE AGENDA ANNOUNCED: The highly-anticipated educational tracks for the 2015 R&D 100 Awards & Technology Conference feature 28 sessions, plus keynote speakers Dean Kamen and Oak Ridge National Laboratory Director Thom Mason. Learn more.
Meanwhile, customer relations manager Anna Schachoff reports that 2015 exhibiter spaces have sold out.
- The SCC Race Begins: Eleven teams are ready to compete in the upcoming ISC-HPAC Student Cluster Competition (SCC), the fourth in the series. Starting Monday, July 13, secret applications will be distributed each day to challenge the teams to analyze and solve the unfamiliar workload. The teams will be constrained to use no more than 3 kW on their cluster configuration. The competition will end Wednesday evening with a ceremony on the conference keynote stage, in front of a large audience. In the end, there will be five awards given:
- Highest LINPACK, for the highest score received for the LINPACK benchmark under the 3 kW power budget.
- Fan Favorite, to be given to the team which receives the most votes from ISC participants during the Student Cluster Competition.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Overall Winners, the 3 teams that received the highest aggregated scores for all the chosen HPC applications and benchmarks, in addition to the scores from the panel of HPC experts during the team interview sessions.
- ISC 2015 Agenda App: In cooperation with the Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center (PSNC), ISC now offers a mobile conference app named “ISC 2015 Agenda App.” It’s available for IPhone, Android and Windows phones and is free of charge. If you have PSNC’s “Conference4me” app installed on your device from last year, you can now access the entire ISC 2015 conference and exhibition via this mobile conference assistant.
- The CAE Pavilion: This year’s special exhibit is themed “Computer-Aided Engineering.” It is supported by the Gauss Center for Supercomputing, with a special focus on CAE in the automotive industry. Visitors at Booth #1140 will have a chance to experience a live “augmented reality” demo of the air flow around a Porsche sports car. The demo will be presented by members of the High Performance Computing Center, Stuttgart visualization team.
- ISC Scientific Video Showcase sponsored by Barco: Videos will demonstrate the latest developments of HPC systems in science and engineering. Visit booths #741, 270 and 910 to experience and enjoy complex calculations from HPC systems expressed through state-of-the-art visualization technologies.
- LNCS Proceedings (Downloadable for Free until August 3): All accepted research papers will be published in the Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 9137/2015 (http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-20119-1). ISC 2015 attendees can download them free of charge from now until August 3, 2015. A limited number of hardcopies will also be available during the conference.
- Getting to the Venue: ISC advises all attendees relying on the public transport, to use trams no. 16 and 17, and U-Bahn no. U4 to reach the conference venue. Your stop will be Festhalle/ Messe. From there, proceed to Eingang Tor Ost (East entrance). Do not use the S-Bahn as you’ll have quite a way to walk to the conference center from the train stop. The conference sessions will take place in the Frankfurt Messe Forum and the exhibition will be held in Hall 3.
- Still Time Left to Register: If you haven’t done so yet, there is still time to register for the conference and save 200 Euros off the onsite fees. The conference will kick off with a day of tutorials on Sunday, July 12. With a very interesting five-day program and a comprehensive three-day exhibition, ISC High Performance 2015 is determined to make history with its attendance as well as its program.
- Finally, don’t forget to watch the ISC High Performance video trailer!
About ISC High Performance
Now in its 30th year, ISC High Performance is the world’s oldest and Europe’s most important conference and networking event for the HPC community. It offers a strong five-day technical program focusing on HPC technological development and its application in scientific fields, as well as its adoption in commercial environments.
Over 400 hand-picked expert speakers and 160 exhibitors, consisting of leading research centers and vendors, will greet attendees at ISC High Performance. A number of events complement the technical program including Tutorials, the TOP500 Announcement, Research Paper Sessions, Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) Sessions, the Poster Sessions, Exhibitor Forums, and Workshops.
ISC High Performance is open to engineers, IT specialists, system developers, vendors, scientists, researchers, students, journalists and other members of the HPC global community. The exhibition attracts decision-makers from automotive, finance, defense, aeronautical, gas and oil, banking, pharmaceutical and other industries, as well those providing hardware, software and services for the HPC community. Attendees will learn firsthand about new products and applications, in addition to the latest technological advances in the HPC industry.