How do you structure a retro-commissioning project? The Building Commissioning Association offers some advice for phases and goals in its Best Practices guide:
• Planning: Develop the Existing Building Commissioning goals, facility requirements, and a commissioning plan
• Investigation: Conduct field inspections, gather data, test, and analyze to assess system performance and identify improvement opportunities
• Implementation: Complete the desired facility improvements, and verify the results and performance
• Turnover: Conduct a systematic transition from a commissioning activity and the commissioning team to standard operating practice and the operations and maintenance team
• Persistence: Implement systems and tools to support both the persistence of benefits and continuous performance improvement over time.
This cleanroom tip was taken from “Going Retro,” which appeared in the July/August 2012 issue of Controlled Environments.