For the duration of the SC13 conference, Denver will host of one of the most powerful and advanced networks in the world — SCinet. Created each year for the conference, SCinet brings to life a highly sophisticated, very high-capacity network that supports the revolutionary applications and experiments that are a hallmark of the SC Conference.
To provide the best experience possible network capabilities for the conference participants, exhibitors and network entities are being requested to share their advanced network resource needs in supporting their organization’s presence and large-scale exhibit demonstrations at the conference.
SCinet will work with national research networks ESnet, Internet2, National LambdaRail (NLR) and other collaborating networking organizations to implement the required resources for SC13. If your organization will require network resources beyond a basic IPv4/IPv6 network service, please respond to this call with the details of your particular requirements. In particular please share what you are aware of regarding the following details:
- Network bandwidth required (e.g., GigE, 10GigE, Nx10GigE, 100GigE)
- Potential long haul network provider(s) to reach SPCC (e.g., ESnet, Internet2, NLR)
- Origination point(s) of network resources
- Will the network resources be dedicated to a single purpose or can they be shared with other SC13 participants?
- If the network resources can be shared, will you need Layer-2 (e.g., point-to-point Gigabit Ethernet) or Layer-3 (e.g., IPv4, IPv6) support?
Please send your connectivity requirements and questions to the SCinet WAN Team by June 8, 2013 to email@example.com.