BURLINGTON, MA — COMSOL, a provider of multiphysics modeling and simulation software, announced new Focus and Training Sessions that will be featured at the 11th Annual COMSOL Conference, the world’s largest event for multiphysics simulation and application design. Each session is designed to provide attendees with an in-depth look at how to get the most out of modeling.
Focus Sessions are collaborative talks that will be presented by application area experts moderated by a COMSOL Product Manager. These discussion-oriented forums will provide a forum for like-minded COMSOL software users, COMSOL product managers and software developers to share insights around simulation on specific topics. This year’s Focus Sessions include:
- Best Practices in Acoustics Simulation
- Best Practices in Heat Transfer and Phase Change Simulation
- Best Practices in Electromagnetic Simulations
In addition, Training Sessions will provide attendees with direct multiphysics modeling experience using a combination of hands-on activities and traditional lectures taught by COMSOL’s team of experts. More than 30 application-specific training sessions will cover multiphysics, optimization, solvers, electrical, mechanical, fluid and chemical, including
- Introduction to the COMSOL Multiphysics software
- Application Builder and the COMSOL Server license
- Electromagnetics: Low and High Frequency Modeling
- Heat Transfer: Conduction, Convection, Radiation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Laminar and Microfluidic Flow; Turbulent and High Mach Number Flow
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical Reaction Engineering; Electrochemical Engineering
About the 2015 COMSOL Conference
The 2015 COMSOL Conference focuses on advancing cross-discipline and multiphysics simulation and application design through a multitude of hands-on sessions, keynote talks from industry leaders, and hundreds of user presentations. The Conference, through its nine world-wide events, brings together thousands of engineers, researchers and scientists, providing them with the chance to showcase their work and share innovative technologies and best practices, as well as the opportunity to interact with the developers of COMSOL Multiphysics.
The 2015 conference will feature presentations on simulation apps using the Application Builder and COMSOL Server. Other highlights include:
- Keynote talks from industry leaders
- User-contributed paper and poster presentations
- The unveiling of COMSOL version 5.2
- An exhibition showcasing products offered by hardware- and software suppliers and consultants
- The chance to interact with peers and explore the simulation work of fellow engineers
The Boston COMSOL Conference 2015 will be held October 7 to 9, 2015, at the Boston Marriott Newton, Newton, MA. For more details and to register to attend, visit: http://www.comsol.com/conference2015/boston
COMSOL provides simulation software for product design and research to technical enterprises, research labs and universities through 22 offices and a distributor network throughout the world. Its flagship product, COMSOL Multiphysics, is a software environment for modeling and simulating any physics-based system and for building applications. A particular strength is its ability to account for coupled or multiphysics phenomena. Add-on products expand the simulation platform for electrical, mechanical, fluid flow, and chemical applications. Interfacing tools enable the integration of COMSOL Multiphysics simulation with all major technical computing and CAD tools on the CAE market.