The HPC Innovation Excellence Award is an IDC program to recognize noteworthy achievements made by users using high performance computing (HPC) technologies, as well as the outstanding application of HPC computing for business and scientific achievements. Its program goals are to showcase success stories involving HPC in science and industry; help other users better understand the benefits of adopting HPC and justify HPC investments, especially for SMBs; demonstrate the value of HPC to funding bodies; and expand public support for increased HPC investments.
According to IDC, while there are multiple benchmarks to measure the performance of technical computers, there currently isn’t an adequate methodology to evaluate the economic and scientific value HPC systems contribute. The HPC Innovation Excellence Award Program is designed to help close that gap. A main objective of the program is to build a large portfolio of quantified ROI success stories to strengthen the case for boosting investments in and funding for HPC. Quantifying HPC ROI has been difficult historically, because users have been reluctant to make this information available, or have not assembled this information. The award program provides an important means for gathering more quantified ROI success stories. Through identifying clear ROI examples, IDC expects to demonstrate more convincingly the close link between HPC and economic/scientific innovation and competitiveness.
If you have one or more HPC success stories you would like to see recognized through this program, IDC encourages you to complete and submit a separate application form for each success story you would like to be considered.
How winners will be selected
• All submissions will receive a careful and complete review.
• Submissions must contain a clear description of the dollar value or scientific value received in order to qualify.
• Volunteers from the HPC User Forum Steering Committee will conduct an initial ranking of the submissions.
• The final evaluation will then be conducted by selected experts in the specific area/discipline in which the work was done.
• Winners will be notified in advance of any public announcement.
• For small organizations and start-up companies: Awards include a framed certificate and your choice of free CPU hours, selected application software licenses or technical consulting time.
• For larger organizations: Framed certificate/trophy will be awarded at major events (such as HPC User Forum, SC and ISC).
• Winners will be invited to present their success stories at HPC User Forums, SC, ISC as well as industry specific events.
Entry Deadline: May 30, 1012